10.10.2011

Black Zentangle Tiles

Back in the spring, when black tiles were first made available to CZT's we ordered a boatload! Initially I tried them out with my Sakura white Gelly Roll pen, but had  difficulty in creating evenly weighted lines and obtaining the same detailed results as I was used to with my Sakura Micron 01.  I spoke to Maria about this over the phone while placing a Zentagle order a while back.  This is what she said...when using the white pen, hold it, so that it barely touches the tile.  Place it at a 90 degree angle to the tile and gently stroke the tile.  She also told me to practice on the back of the tile first by signing my name and tangling around a bit before starting.  Signing it first gives you a feel for the pen and a sense of ownership. We share these tips with you.


This weekend, while fasting for Yom Kippur, I completed the following black tiles.  I call them the atonement series. Enjoy!